Primary responsibility is to ensure that all children are safely cared for during Family Involvement Center sponsored programming and in-home and/or community activities.
- Oversight of age appropriate children activities
- Ensure children are safe and secure while receiving services
- Ensure proper security procedures of receiving/releasing children to their designated parties
- Provide strength based communication with children and families
- Properly communicate children’s needs to parents during event as needed
- Use verbal de-escalation efforts when necessary
- Provide crisis intervention when needed for the children
- Ensure that the play area and equipment are kept sanitary and safe
- Record attendance and activities when providing childwatch and respite services
- Accurately complete all necessary paperwork including notes, evaluation data, internal reports, as scheduled
- Complete internal/external incident reports as required
- Must work effectively in an atmosphere of dignity and respect for youth, families, caregivers and co-workers
- Read, understand and abide by Family Involvement Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbook and Training Expectations. Be familiar with the RBHA Provider Manual.
- Attend staff meetings and other assigned meetings as required
- Attend clinical supervision as required
- Participate in training programs and complete as required
- Participate in Quality Improvement Programs
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILL REQUIREMNENTS:
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people from diverse cultural, economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with factual, strength –based professional, empathetic and clinical manner
- Assume responsibility for the medical record, ensuring completion of required documentation within acceptable standards as determined by Youth Development Support Services Program Manager and Director of Clinical Director.
- Responsible for meeting productivity, quality and supervision standards as determined by clinical leadership.
- Assist in the ongoing development and evaluation of the support plan.
- Ability to respect and set appropriate boundaries with youth, families, caregivers, professionals and co-workers
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with internal staff, community resources and stakeholders.
- Ability to perform services with dignity, respect and professional demeanor.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Model and support options that assure solutions are compatible with the Arizona Vision and 12 Principles.
- Responsible for understanding; adhering to all internal policies & procedures, training expectations and ADHS covered services guide.
- Ability to successfully work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to plan and organize professional schedule to meet established deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working with youth, supporting youth with behavioral or physical health needs. Equivalent education may be considered
- Must be able to obtain clearance for Fingerprint Card and Background Check
- Must have a valid driver's license, clean driving record, reliable transportation and proof of registration and insurance as required by the Law in Arizona
Please email resume and letter of interest to Trish Riner at firstname.lastname@example.org.